project completed in: October of 2008
The leitmotif that held together the entire exhibition was the spatial multimedia installation of canvas stretching from Krakowskie Przedmieście to the interior of the Faculty of Painting. The exhibition was designed so that its form, from the passer-by perspective, made an impression of pictures going beyond the confines of the Academy of Fine Arts and “overflowing” into the street, as if to appropriate its space. Inside the building, in the hall, the planes of the installation formed a kind of sculpture climbing up to the ceiling of the building. The material so arranged formed the spinal column of the Faculty – a multimedia information space presenting the Faculty’s history from today through the 1990s, 1980s, 1970s, 1960s, 1950s down to 1947.
Read more about the project: